Peggy Smith-Barbaro, Ph.D., Chair
1) Empower women of all ages and cultural backgrounds to make informed decisions about their health through providing an ongoing stream of professional education, student education, patient education and research education programs.
2) Act as a liaison between the Center for Women’s Health and community agencies, focusing on creating opportunities for integrating students into community settings that would enhance the lives of women living in our community.
Provide educational opportunities for women in the community where the results of the cutting-edge research are presented.
- Professional education programs at FOR HER offers health care providers the most up-to-date information on the unique health care needs of women as well as therapeutic modalities currently being implemented and/or developed.
- Student education programs includes the development of enhanced educational opportunities in women’s health and identification of funding opportunities for students interested in specializing in women’s health.
- Patient education programs focuses on promoting healthier women with a greater understanding of their own health care needs by providing appropriate educational tools and establishing a patient library.
- Research education programs brings the latest research findings and clinical knowledge to healthcare providers, students and the public as well as identify clinical and research fellowships for faculty and post doctoral students interested in specializing in women’s health.
- Act as a liaison between UNTHSC and community agencies on issues relevant to women’s health.
- Coordinate student participation in community agencies.