This section is intended for informational purposes only. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this area are not necessarily endorsed by UNTHSC. Please limit posting activity to one posting per requesting organization/individual per week. If necessary, list multiple position openings in a single weekly or monthly posting in order to conserve space. Once approved, ads will remain posted for 60 days. For an extension over 60 days, please email James Renfro, Assistant Director, Career Services, Office of Student Development.
PA Interventional Pain
Interventional Pain practice
SW Pain is an Interventional Pain Practice seeking to add a third mid-level provider, currently one PA and one NP are on staff. The Primary office site is at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas but some travel to other locations would be required, Plano and Frisco.
Would be willing to train new Graduate however experience in pain medicine, spine or orthopedics is a positive
Hours 40 hour work week
- Other PA/NP work four nine hour days and one 4 hour day
- Primary location will be in Dallas (Walnut hill location), will need to travel to other locations as staffing needs dictate
- Assess health status by obtaining relevant health and medical history.
- Depending on PA/NP experience will depend on how much autonomy they have. Current PA/NP work without MD on-site
- Will expect that once individual is trained they will be able to be and see patients independently
- Perform physical exams.
- Identify significant health and medical risk factors.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory test and other diagnostic studies to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Develop diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
- Develops a treatment plan along with the patient and significant others.
- Prescribe and monitor medications.
- Develop patient education plans.
- Be part of rotation with hospital rounds
- On Call duties shared with MD and PA/NP (currently one in 4) when position is filled will be one Five
- Trigger points, joint injections with US and floral